hpagano

Joshua Greene
The Wisdom Of The Myths: How Greek Mythology Can Change Your Life
Luc Ferry

Reamde: A Novel

Reamde - Neal Stephenson Reamde was fun, exciting, and cinematic, filled with epic battle scenes and smart, cool characters. It was a real page turner, I always ended each reading session eager to know what would happen next. Some of this page turning excitement was due to expert control over pacing and tension building. Another key component was the characters, all were interesting, most I cared about, and heroine Zula was riveting not only because I cared so deeply for her well-being, but because the other characters in the book did, as well. Beyond the excitement, Reamde was a very satisfying read because it was written almost like a karma play. Each main character came into the story with certain baggage they needed to work through, and it was a rough, brutal journey that didn't always end pleasantly, but as a reader I felt that each had in some way resolved or started to work through his or her issue. I liked the juxtaposition of heroine, Zula, and ultimate bad guy, Jones. And I know, even years from now, I'm going to be asking what the cougar was symbolizing.